The Heat Shield Project

In science, we had a project when we had to make a heat shield so an egg would not cook. We had a limited option of materials and had 100 credits to choose items. Some cost more than others depending on its value. It was a group project and I was paired up with Shaffer and Mosiah. We had one job. I was the team captain that kept my team on the project and kept everything in place. Shaffer was the material master  

Who got all the materials for us and made sure we had all the materials we needed. Then Mosiah was the all star analyst who had to write things we learned from our experiments. We all did a great job working together and staying on topic and working hard and doing really important experiments so we could make our shield even better. When we did, our egg was raw and we were very proud of ourselves. We worked really well together and made our shield the best we could make it.

The actual project was really fun. We got to work with heat and fun materials. We got to use things that we have never used before but Mr Robbins helped us a lot. When we did our experiments we used a temperature gun to see the temperature of the material. Then I used a heat gun to make the material hot and heat it up. For the experiment every 15 seconds you would see what the temperature was and it went until 1 min. I would record the temperature and see if it was a material we should put in our heat shield.

One thought on “The Heat Shield Project

1. What a great description of a fun project! You should be proud of how hard you worked and the progress you made as a team. I’m sure the eggstronaut appreciated it too! 🙂